Shillong Teer is a popular traditional archery-based betting game that is played in the Indian state of Meghalaya, with its headquarters in the capital city, Shillong. The game has gained popularity in the region and has a significant following among locals and tourists. Here are some key details about Shillong Teer:
1. Archery-Based Game: Shillong Teer is unique in that it is an archery-based game. It involves archers shooting arrows at a target, which consists of a set of concentric circles. The game is typically played in a designated area known as a “Teer Range.”
2. Two Rounds: Shillong Teer is played in two rounds each day, usually in the afternoon. The first round is called the “First Round,” and the second round is called the “Second Round.” Each round involves a set number of arrows being shot at the target.
3. Betting: The game involves a significant element of betting. Players place bets on specific numbers between 0 and 99, and they can bet on both rounds. The betting is based on the number of arrows that hit the target. The outcome is determined by the total number of arrows that strike the target in each round.
4. Results: After each round, the Shillong Teer Results results are announced, and the winning numbers are determined based on the number of arrows that hit the target. For instance, if a total of 325 arrows hit the target in the first round, the winning number would be the last two digits of 325, which is 25.
5. Payouts: Players who have bet on the winning number receive payouts based on the odds set by the Teer organizers. The odds can vary, and the payouts are calculated accordingly.
6. Cultural Significance: Shillong Teer is not only a game but also an integral part of the local culture in Meghalaya. It has been played for decades and is associated with various traditions and rituals.
7. Regulation: The game is regulated and controlled by the Meghalaya State Government, which issues licenses to Teer operators and sets rules and regulations to ensure fairness and transparency.
Shillong Teer has become a source of entertainment and a form of local betting in the region. It attracts both participants and spectators who gather at Teer Ranges to watch the archery competition and witness the results. While the game is an important cultural phenomenon, it’s essential for participants to be aware of the legal and regulatory aspects of betting and gambling in their region.